You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad charging

Hi! is it possible to use a travel adapter to charge an ipad in the long run? I got mine from outside the country so it has different charging bricks

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on May 13, 2021 9:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 2:55 AM

You can use any “standard” USB Power Adapter that is rated at 10-12W (i.e., 2.0-2.4A @5V) to charge your iPad. Whilst Apple Power Adapters are obviously recommended (and are readily available in most countries/regions), a good quality third-party Power Adapter that meets the necessary specification can be used.

Whilst the are many alternatives, some good quality third-party manufacturers - marketed by Apple in many regions - are Anker, Mophie and Belkin.

A travel adapter that adapts your existing Power Adapter’s AC connection to your local AC Power outlet is obviously an option - albeit considerably more ponderous as a long term solution.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2021 2:55 AM in response to lemonilo

You can use any “standard” USB Power Adapter that is rated at 10-12W (i.e., 2.0-2.4A @5V) to charge your iPad. Whilst Apple Power Adapters are obviously recommended (and are readily available in most countries/regions), a good quality third-party Power Adapter that meets the necessary specification can be used.

Whilst the are many alternatives, some good quality third-party manufacturers - marketed by Apple in many regions - are Anker, Mophie and Belkin.

A travel adapter that adapts your existing Power Adapter’s AC connection to your local AC Power outlet is obviously an option - albeit considerably more ponderous as a long term solution.

iPad charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.