You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My app not working

Our Find My app just stopped working. We can't delete this app to try reinstalling. Any ideas why it stopped working and how to delete it and reinstall or how to fix?

It says I'm sharing my location, as does my husband's but when I try to follow him there is not map.

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:53 AM

Okay, a little more info, are you just sharing your location occasionally, or all the time? So, you are in People, then you tap on the + Share My Location? Just to be sure, you are not sharing an Apple ID, are you? When I have people listed under People, I just tap on their name and it opens the map and shows their location. Are you connected to wi-fi or cellular data? A black screen sounds like one where the map is not loading because of a data issue. However, see if the information in this support document helps you check to ensure all of your settings are correct. Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2021 8:53 AM in response to jmmurphy01

Okay, a little more info, are you just sharing your location occasionally, or all the time? So, you are in People, then you tap on the + Share My Location? Just to be sure, you are not sharing an Apple ID, are you? When I have people listed under People, I just tap on their name and it opens the map and shows their location. Are you connected to wi-fi or cellular data? A black screen sounds like one where the map is not loading because of a data issue. However, see if the information in this support document helps you check to ensure all of your settings are correct. Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

May 14, 2021 8:20 AM in response to jmmurphy01

When you say that there is not a map, is that the only problem? It is that the map does not appear, or is it that you are not seeing the other person's location on the map.

Are you using Family Sharing to find each other on Find My, or are you just listed like Find My Friends used to be? Have you selected People in the app? It is difficult to determine what may be wrong, since the only thing you say is that there is no map. Exactly what are you seeing, does the app open? What exactly happens when you open the app?

May 14, 2021 8:29 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

The app opens ok, when I select to share with my husband it says I'm sharing as it does for him on his phone but all I get is his icon and a black screen. No map showing his location. When it was working and I shared my location with him and him with me our phones would ding with a message that he was sharing with me. We no longer get that either.

I think we must be listed like Find My Friends.

Find My app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.