You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saved files under “On My iPhone” have disappeared after 14.5.1 update

Hi,

My stored files on my iPhone under files-> On My iPhone have disappeared. I did not delete any of the files, I suspect it is after the 14.5.1 software update, can you please help me get my stored files back? Unfortunately I didn’t take any backup recently. I’m using iPhone 12 Pro Max.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:35 AM

Think it this way. "On My iPhone" where? Probably under some App, there is no other place where Files App can store files barring Cloud Drives, isn't it?

Just install some apps which stored files, such as Pages, Numbers, Acrobat etc.. these are only suggestions. You will see that On My iPhone will appear again. You may have had some app which you had on your device and now you do not have it anymore. Please, recall which was that app.

This has nothing to do with iOS 14.5.1

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2021 8:35 AM in response to sibitech

Think it this way. "On My iPhone" where? Probably under some App, there is no other place where Files App can store files barring Cloud Drives, isn't it?

Just install some apps which stored files, such as Pages, Numbers, Acrobat etc.. these are only suggestions. You will see that On My iPhone will appear again. You may have had some app which you had on your device and now you do not have it anymore. Please, recall which was that app.

This has nothing to do with iOS 14.5.1

May 14, 2021 8:23 AM in response to sibitech

I'm not aware of any problem with the software update that would remove your files, but things can happen. If they are not found filed in another folder, and you failed to have a current backup, then the files would be gone. This is why it is important to have current backups, and especially true to create a backup before doing any kind of iOS update. The same when you update your computer you take a backup.

Saved files under “On My iPhone” have disappeared after 14.5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.