You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2016 Mac Book Pro lines

Hello everyone,

It appears that I am not the only one with this problem. Horizontal and vertical black and white lines appearing along the edges of the screen. I bought my Mac in 2017 and I am hoping that this can be repaired without a charge. I tried PRAM reset but nothing helps. Please share your experience and advice.

Thank you kindly!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 16, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 11:56 AM

The LCD Panel is cracked. If the laptop is out of warranty, then you will need to pay for the repair. If you still have a warranty, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to see if the issue is covered for free (or reduced cost with AppleCare+ accidental damage) or to provide you with an estimate for repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 11:56 AM in response to MacBookProLines

The LCD Panel is cracked. If the laptop is out of warranty, then you will need to pay for the repair. If you still have a warranty, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to see if the issue is covered for free (or reduced cost with AppleCare+ accidental damage) or to provide you with an estimate for repair.

2016 Mac Book Pro lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.