You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add new iphone to apple music

How to add to existing apple music account

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 16, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 1:32 PM

Well, there’s so much you haven’t told us, it’s impossible to know. Here are just a few examples.

• Is this a replacement iPhone?
  • Is it for a different person?
  • If so:
    • Has this person used Apple Music previously?
    • Does (s)he have a unique Apple ID, used by nobody else?
    • Is Family Sharing involved?
  • What is happening to any previous iPhone?
10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 1:32 PM in response to JHS1969

Well, there’s so much you haven’t told us, it’s impossible to know. Here are just a few examples.

• Is this a replacement iPhone?
  • Is it for a different person?
  • If so:
    • Has this person used Apple Music previously?
    • Does (s)he have a unique Apple ID, used by nobody else?
    • Is Family Sharing involved?
  • What is happening to any previous iPhone?

May 16, 2021 10:35 PM in response to JHS1969

JHS1969 Said:

"Thanks so much. One last thing. If I have a playlist of his on my phone, how do I send it to him? I just signed up for some premier family plan that is like$30/mo which should do everything except hold my hand!"

-------

Yes. Through use of a Profile.

1. Go Here: Manage What you Share - Family Plan - Apple Support
  2. View: Share or hide your playlists
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

May 16, 2021 5:09 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks. I am not used to this Community chat room/help line so pardon if this is repetitive. I just wrote to another person kindly trying to help and added the following info:

Thanks and sorry. I have the Apple music account. My spouse just got his first iPhone. I would like to add him onto my account. So yes, family sharing is involved. There is no previous iPhone. He does have a unique Apple ID. Thanks again.

May 16, 2021 2:38 PM in response to JHS1969

JHS1969 Said:

"add new iphone to apple music: How to add to existing apple music account"

-------

What happens when you log in to iCloud in Settings? From there, all should be accessible. If you are currently logged in to iCloud, then try logging out of iCloud, and then logging back in. and seeing if all works as it should.

Is this a Used Device?

If this is a used device, then you need to have the current user log out of it, and then have you log in to it. Note that there is a 90 limit until a device can be associated to a different account. So, contact the seller, requesting a return.

add new iphone to apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.