You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download applications

Hey. I have a brand new 2020 iPhone SE. it’s been a couple of weeks I’ve had it. I am signed into the AppStore but now I cannot download apps. I can download previous downloaded apps, but I cannot download new apps. If I click on the “Get” button, the circle loads and then stops and doesn’t download. What do I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2021 4:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 4:42 AM

Heres a couple of things that you can try:

1. Check if you have a stable internet connection. Simple way to do this is to play a video and see how it will load.
  2. Check if App Store service is available and working on https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/.
  3. Try to sign-out then sign-in your Apple account.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Use this Apple's page as additional reference: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Hope it helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2021 4:42 AM in response to kimberlin147

Heres a couple of things that you can try:

1. Check if you have a stable internet connection. Simple way to do this is to play a video and see how it will load.
  2. Check if App Store service is available and working on https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/.
  3. Try to sign-out then sign-in your Apple account.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Use this Apple's page as additional reference: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Hope it helps.

May 17, 2021 6:24 AM in response to Pactricia666

Hi, I tried all of these steps and it still doesn’t work.

ive done a backup on my phone. My credit card isn’t linked to my App Store but that shouldn’t be an issue since I usually download free apps.

also, whenever I turn off and turn on my phone, it always brings me to a “software update” page where I put in my Apple ID and password and then brings me to an iCloud backup page. When I select the latest backup as my backup option, it closes and brings me back to my home page. I find that really weird.

Cannot download applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.