You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am brand new to GarageBand. I have imported a guitar track from Apple Music, and would like to merge/add vocals and piano. Can't seem to find help to address theses. Does Apple call it something else?

I am brand new to GarageBand. How do I add a vocal to a guitar track once I have the guitar track in Garage Band?

I have imported a guitar track from Apple Music, and would like to merge/add vocals and piano. Can't seem to find help to address these. Does Apple call it something else?

Posted on May 17, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 8:30 AM

You add a new track and record your new part.

Create tracks in a project in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If you want another "take" you can just create and record a new track. (There are other ways to do this.*)

"Merging" is called mixing in garageband. Simply turn on and off tracks as required. You can also set relative volumes or use a volume curve to automagically change the volume in the middle of a track.

*Record multiple audio takes in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2021 8:30 AM in response to tomletenor

You add a new track and record your new part.

Create tracks in a project in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If you want another "take" you can just create and record a new track. (There are other ways to do this.*)

"Merging" is called mixing in garageband. Simply turn on and off tracks as required. You can also set relative volumes or use a volume curve to automagically change the volume in the middle of a track.

*Record multiple audio takes in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

I am brand new to GarageBand. I have imported a guitar track from Apple Music, and would like to merge/add vocals and piano. Can't seem to find help to address theses. Does Apple call it something else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.