You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some photos import to iMac Photos, others won't

Running High Sierra on my iMac

Have saved an SD full of photos to my Mac & Photos randomly imports some while not others

I moved the nonimportable photos to another folder & about 2/3 imported, the rest allegedly can't be read.

However I can open ever photo in the folder so what's wrong with Photos that it won't import some

Also how can I transfer photos from an older version of iPhoto - would have been Snow Leopard - saved to an external HD, to the new High Sierra Photos

Thank you for your support

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 18, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 4:35 PM

The card, card reader, or the files themselves could be corrupt.

To import iPhoto pictures into Apple Photos copy the entire Users -> yourname -> Pictures folder onto the new machine's desktop, and use File menu -> Import of Photos to navigate to the Pictures folder and select it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Some photos import to iMac Photos, others won't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.