You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay music app not working

I have a 2021 Chevy Trail Boss LT and have a small issue. Everything was working smooth but starting yesterday the apple CarPlay music app will not open. I can still connect no problem and play music from my phone but when I click the music app on the touch screen it opens for half a second, closes, and then shuts the song off. I also tried to click the Now Playing app and that opens for half a second and closes down also. Don’t know if it’s my phone or the Apple CarPlay. I did reset my phone to factory settings and it still gave me the same problems. Please help.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 18, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 10:59 AM

Hi JonFann,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with CarPlay. We’re happy to help.

If you haven’t already, make sure your iPhone is updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, restart both your iPhone and your car to see if the issue persists.

If it does, try enabling Airplane Mode on your iPhone by tapping Settings > AirPlane Mode, and then launching the Music app.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2021 10:59 AM in response to JonFann

Hi JonFann,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with CarPlay. We’re happy to help.

If you haven’t already, make sure your iPhone is updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, restart both your iPhone and your car to see if the issue persists.

If it does, try enabling Airplane Mode on your iPhone by tapping Settings > AirPlane Mode, and then launching the Music app.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Apple CarPlay music app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.