You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad photo markup tool

I’ve an iPad Pro, iOS 14.4.2. Upon trying to markup a photograph the tool appears as a circle. In the past I could expand it into a long rounded-end rectangle which displayed all the tools available. Attempting to expand it recently the rectangle will not stay open. As soon as I lift my finger the tools collapse back into a circle. This means I can’t even add text any longer. Up to a week ago I had no issue. Have have a similar issue on my iPhone SE, same iOS version. Only in this case the markup tool stays expanded. However when I attempt to select the Silas do editing nothing happens. Don’t know what’s going on.

Posted on May 19, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 4:24 PM

If your iPad is running iPadOS 14.4.2 as indicated, you should first update to the current version of iPadOS. At time of writing, this is iPadOS 14.5.1.

The current update contains many functional and critical security patches.

1 reply

ipad photo markup tool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.