You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to permanently delete an app from my iphone

How can I permanently delete an app from my iphone. I have tried everything, nothing. On my home screen I pressed the app icon started to jiggle pressed the "-" symbol erased the icon app from the homescreen but the app keeps showing on the App Library. I tried to erase it from the App Library and haven't found the option to delete it. I went my my iCloud account on my desktop, on my iPhone nothing. It's unbelievable how hard is to permanently erase an app.

Posted on May 19, 2021 2:36 PM

6 replies

May 19, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Scott-he-him

One other thing you could do.

Once deleted the App will still show in the purchase history for your Apple ID in the App Store. You can hide that purchase which could make it harder to accidentally re-download in the future.

This can be done in the App Store >Your Account (top right )> Purchased > My Purchases (family plan). You will then have a list for All. You can find the App then swipe left to reveal a Hide button.

May 19, 2021 4:31 PM in response to MaguilaGorilla

MaguilaGorilla wrote:

Thanks IdrisSeabright, this was the issue. It wasn't allowed to delete apps. I literally sliced my brain trying to figure it out. Thanks again.

I have a suspicion, based on the number of times this has come up, that this setting was somehow getting flipped in certain upgrades. Not for everyone but a noticeable number. Glad it helped.

I want to permanently delete an app from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.