You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone number changed and I can not sign in with my Apple ID because it wants to verify my account using the old phone number.

How can I sign in to my Apple ID when it wants to verify my id using an old number I can not access, and I can not sign into any of my other devices because it is all set up with my old phone number.

Posted on May 19, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 7:57 PM

I’m sorry but apple is sorry asf. I have been waiting months for my Apple ID, the same one I been using with ALL MY INFO, even when I used my updated number I’m still stuck waiting for my recovery. I have a brand new iPhone 12 Pro and can’t even download apps, nor can I retrieve numbers and other info I am needing. I understand there are scammers more then ever these days. But it is obvious when a person is really trying their hardest to get into their Apple ID. Screw you apple.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 7:57 PM in response to Tigla-3

I’m sorry but apple is sorry asf. I have been waiting months for my Apple ID, the same one I been using with ALL MY INFO, even when I used my updated number I’m still stuck waiting for my recovery. I have a brand new iPhone 12 Pro and can’t even download apps, nor can I retrieve numbers and other info I am needing. I understand there are scammers more then ever these days. But it is obvious when a person is really trying their hardest to get into their Apple ID. Screw you apple.

Jun 25, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Susieny2

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Jun 11, 2021 10:03 PM in response to JPMcC16

I was the victim of a Phising scam on April 26, and had Verizon cancel my old telephone number and provide a new telephone number. Because your verification method sends a verification code to my telephone number Apple sends the codes to my OLD telephone number. This makes it impossible for me to verify that I am the person attempting to change the record of my telephone number on the iPhone or on my iTunes account.

How do I change my Apple log on and the record of my new telephone number?

my phone number changed and I can not sign in with my Apple ID because it wants to verify my account using the old phone number.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.