You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Country or region changing

Hi i’m vijay from India …recently i purchased iPad 8th generation…my question is if i change my country / region on my app store while staying In India ..i want to play pubg on this device so i decided to change my country…what will happen???? Please help me guys

Posted on May 20, 2021 4:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 5:51 AM

Apps and Services purchased from Apple are linked to both your AppleID account and the regional store from which they are purchased. If you change your region to gain access to Apps that are not otherwise available to the currently configured region, you will lose the ability to download or update Apps already purchased.

The same will be true of Apps purchased from a different region; you will only be able to download or update whilst you are signed-in to that region.

Also be aware that you can only change your signed-in region once in any 90-day period. This restriction is intended to prevent account abuse from those that seek to gain access to Apps or Services that are restricted by region.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2021 5:51 AM in response to Vijaydandamudi

Apps and Services purchased from Apple are linked to both your AppleID account and the regional store from which they are purchased. If you change your region to gain access to Apps that are not otherwise available to the currently configured region, you will lose the ability to download or update Apps already purchased.

The same will be true of Apps purchased from a different region; you will only be able to download or update whilst you are signed-in to that region.

Also be aware that you can only change your signed-in region once in any 90-day period. This restriction is intended to prevent account abuse from those that seek to gain access to Apps or Services that are restricted by region.

Country or region changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.