You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 keeps dropping WiFi connection

I have multiple apple devices working on my home network but with the addition of the new M1 Mini I find that it is sporadic in dropping the WiFi connections whilst every other Apple device is working fine (MacBook Pro 2018, iPad Pro 2020 and iPhone XR)

This HIGHLY frustrating because for no reason and with no warning you get weird WiFi outage on the M1 mini such as:

• Completely not recognising the wifi
  • speed tests showing it starts off high then drops down to next to nothing

I am totally frustrated and wanted to understand what’s causing this

Mac mini, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 20, 2021 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 7:51 AM

USB 3.0 and USB-C devices and cables can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference.

see > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

If you have any USB 3.0 or USB-C devices connected to the Mac Mini including a USB-C connected display. Try rerouting the cables and moving the devices away from the Mac Mini and direction of the router.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2021 7:51 AM in response to jimcompo

USB 3.0 and USB-C devices and cables can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference.

see > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

If you have any USB 3.0 or USB-C devices connected to the Mac Mini including a USB-C connected display. Try rerouting the cables and moving the devices away from the Mac Mini and direction of the router.

Mac Mini M1 keeps dropping WiFi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.