You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple Music preferences?

I am asking for help regarding Apple Music.

Namely, when setting up Apple Music on my iPhone, when I was supposed to select the artists I listen to and the music genres I like, in ignorance. And I had chosen random things.

Because of this, I now get suggestions for music I don't listen to and don't like.

Does anyone know how to change these preferences?

Thank you for any help! :D ;)

P.S. I'm sorry for all of the errors, in a text, had made here. 😜 I'm not very good at English. 😁 I am from Poland.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 20, 2021 11:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 11:18 AM

Hello, StanislawSend!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're looking to change the genres you selected when first setting up Apple Music. We'd be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

While you cannot change the initial preferences, you can teach Apple Music what you like by rating music and selecting to suggest certain albums, songs, or playlists. Use the resource below to learn how to do this:

See recommended music on iPhone - Apple Support

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2021 11:18 AM in response to StanislawSend

Hello, StanislawSend!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're looking to change the genres you selected when first setting up Apple Music. We'd be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

While you cannot change the initial preferences, you can teach Apple Music what you like by rating music and selecting to suggest certain albums, songs, or playlists. Use the resource below to learn how to do this:

See recommended music on iPhone - Apple Support

All the best.

How to change Apple Music preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.