You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mouse won't connect to my iMac

my password no longer work, so trying to reset and now my mouse won't connect to my iMac.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 21, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 8:30 PM

If you have an Apple Magic Mouse, plug it into your iMac with a lightning -> USB cable. It will automatically pair it to your iMac.

Of course, make sure your mouse is turned on.

2 replies

May 21, 2021 3:36 PM in response to MD_1991

Right, MD_1991 maybe i can help you. If you have one of Apple’s recent magic mice with a lightning port on it, it should have come with a usb to lightning cable. Turn off your mouse, plug in the cable.. and plug the usb end of it into your iMac. Then turn it on again and it should work as a usb mouse.. bluetooth anything can be finicky and fussy on startup/in recovery mode.. eg they don’t always connect 100% of the time super-reliably..

good luck.. and it’s apple + R keys held down together on keyboard on startup for recovery..

option+apple+R gets you internet recovery

john b

My mouse won't connect to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.