You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration issues!

I migrated all my stuff into my new mac from my old mac by using my WiFi network with the Migration Assistant. All went well. However, I plan on giving my old computer to my husband, but I noticed when I try to delete anything off my old computer it deletes from the new one. I tried restarting the old computer thinking that's all that was needed, but now I'm guessing I need to go into preferences, or soemthing? Help!

Posted on May 21, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 5:47 PM

SneakerMom4 wrote:

I migrated all my stuff into my new mac from my old mac by using my WiFi network with the Migration Assistant. All went well. However, I plan on giving my old computer to my husband, but I noticed when I try to delete anything off my old computer it deletes from the new one. I tried restarting the old computer thinking that's all that was needed, but now I'm guessing I need to go into preferences, or soemthing? Help!

reference— What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2021 5:47 PM in response to SneakerMom4

SneakerMom4 wrote:

reference— What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

May 21, 2021 6:53 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you I did see that, the issue I had was that I was giving the computer to a family member and some the apps were needed. So I couldn't scrub the whole computer, I ended up having support call me and found out that since I was connected on both computers via my Apple ID, they were connected, so I had to log out of my Apple ID on my old computer and it solved everything, so easy! It's always the simplest things! UGH! I appreciate your reply!! ;)

Migration issues!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.