You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get one of the HomePods to “add” as an accessory.

Apple Home is really frustrating. I have to reset it up all the time due to really weird behaviors, clicks, or just plain not working.

I’m trying to add my HomePod to a stereo pair connected to an Apple TV yet again, and I can’t get one of the homepods to “add” as an accessory. It just sits and blinks at me. It might as well be a brick!

Why doesn’t Apple fix their stuff so it works?

This morning it was randomly making a loud noise. I restarted. Same. I removed the whole scene and accessories, can re-add one of them, but not the other. The Apple TV will not add. Same wireless network. They are a few feet from the router. I’m holding the phone right next to them!

I want my money back! I hate these things!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 22, 2021 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 2:59 PM

Have you already set this HomePod up? Or it’s not setting up?

Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

See:  if you can't set up HomePod.

Or you did set it up and now you’re trying it to use it to AirPlay to from an Apple TV?

If you’ve set it up,and it’s not working reboot your wifi then Reset HomePod then set it up again

Or rephrase your question so we are clear on what exactly is not working

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2021 2:59 PM in response to Duane Deal

Have you already set this HomePod up? Or it’s not setting up?

Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

See:  if you can't set up HomePod.

Or you did set it up and now you’re trying it to use it to AirPlay to from an Apple TV?

If you’ve set it up,and it’s not working reboot your wifi then Reset HomePod then set it up again

Or rephrase your question so we are clear on what exactly is not working

I can’t get one of the HomePods to “add” as an accessory.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.