You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen) ARC audio sync 'out' with Homepods

My set up is a 58 inch Panasonic 4K TV, Apple TV 4K, with two HomePod, I replaced my 4K Apple TV with the new Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen), hoping to use the ARC feature to be able to listen to non-Apple TV content (TV, PS5 etc) through my HomePods and get rid of my soundbar. (TV is ARC compatible, works well with my Samsung soundbar)

However the sync between none Apple TV content and HomePod is out, is there any way to change this?

With all surround systems the market you have the ability to delay the sound by milliseconds ie- 50ms, 100ms, 200ms etc. But this feature isn't available on Apple TV with HomePods. I've tried using the wireless sync option in the Apple TV, but this only works if using the HomePod and the TV is audio to be in sync together.

Posted on May 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 12:07 AM

You are right. Not sure how I missed that. TidBITS brought it to my attention once more, so here’s my addendum.

Mea culpa. Here’s the support document on that feature:

Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen) ARC audio sync 'out' with Homepods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.