You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email archives messages are gone

My Email Archive messages are gone.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:36 AM

Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com

You can quickly move messages you want to save to the Archive folder to help keep your Inbox from getting too cluttered. Unlike messages you move to the Bin, archived messages remain in your Archive folder until you delete them.

To see the Archive folder in the sidebar, make sure the sidebar is visible. See Show or hide the sidebar in Mail on iCloud.com.

In Mail on iCloud.com, do one of the following:

• Select the message or messages you want to archive, then drag them to the Archive folder in the sidebar.
  • Select the message or messages, click , then choose Archive.
  • Select the message or messages in the message list, then click  in the toolbar.
  • If you see  in the toolbar instead of , click  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences. In the General pane, select “Show Archive icon in the toolbar”.

Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2021 2:36 AM in response to Lege7217

Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com

You can quickly move messages you want to save to the Archive folder to help keep your Inbox from getting too cluttered. Unlike messages you move to the Bin, archived messages remain in your Archive folder until you delete them.

To see the Archive folder in the sidebar, make sure the sidebar is visible. See Show or hide the sidebar in Mail on iCloud.com.

In Mail on iCloud.com, do one of the following:

• Select the message or messages you want to archive, then drag them to the Archive folder in the sidebar.
  • Select the message or messages, click , then choose Archive.
  • Select the message or messages in the message list, then click  in the toolbar.
  • If you see  in the toolbar instead of , click  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences. In the General pane, select “Show Archive icon in the toolbar”.

Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Jun 4, 2021 12:50 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you so much.

I will try again. I truly appreciate your quick response.

If you wouldn't mind, may I ask another question from you. You seem to have the knowledge of most things Apple.

If I changed my Email using the same name,phone and cell#, will I be able to retrieve them under the old Apple ID? My Apple ID was compromised and Apple support advised to change it. Just curious if I have a chance for those emails, to retrieve them from iCloud or are they gone for good?

Jun 4, 2021 12:59 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is in response to your May 24-2021 at 3:34am question:

iCloud. I've had to change my Apple ID twice, as a recommendation from apple support and a case started and resolved with Apple Security. I have no idea why I would ask you for anything but Emails in iCloud considering this is an apple discussions group. Apologies for not specifically stating, ICloud.

Thanks again for your response.

Elizabeth

My email archives messages are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.