You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sams iPhone

For some reason now when I try to download an app it wants my Apple ID and my Apple ID is in my sons name so I don’t know his password, why does it ask for Apple ID all of a sudden?

Posted on May 24, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 11:24 PM

Mackansam Said:

"Sams iPhone: For some reason now when I try to download an app it wants my Apple ID and my Apple ID is in my sons name so I don’t know his password, why does it ask for Apple ID all of a sudden?"

-------

About the Password:

You are getting its message because it is a confirmation for it to be installed and that whomever is installing this is the holder of the account. So, have him sign in.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2021 11:24 PM in response to Mackansam

Mackansam Said:

"Sams iPhone: For some reason now when I try to download an app it wants my Apple ID and my Apple ID is in my sons name so I don’t know his password, why does it ask for Apple ID all of a sudden?"

-------

About the Password:

You are getting its message because it is a confirmation for it to be installed and that whomever is installing this is the holder of the account. So, have him sign in.

Sams iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.