You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a notice that my phone has a virus, is this true, and how do I fix it

I received notification that my phone has a virus, is this true, if so how do I fix it?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 3:56 PM

This is usually a scam technique that certain websites use inorder to get you to download a certain app or call them, from there they will try carry out one of many scams.

To get rid of that page that says you have a virus, you can simply close the tab, assuming your using Safari, click the two overlapping squares in the bottom right of the browser. From here you can click the little 'x' in the top left corner of each tab or swipe each tab to the left to close it. You only need to close the fake virus message at this stage but you may chose to close others such as the tab for the website that may have opened this tab or any addition tabs you no longer need open.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2021 3:56 PM in response to Sellsc01

This is usually a scam technique that certain websites use inorder to get you to download a certain app or call them, from there they will try carry out one of many scams.

To get rid of that page that says you have a virus, you can simply close the tab, assuming your using Safari, click the two overlapping squares in the bottom right of the browser. From here you can click the little 'x' in the top left corner of each tab or swipe each tab to the left to close it. You only need to close the fake virus message at this stage but you may chose to close others such as the tab for the website that may have opened this tab or any addition tabs you no longer need open.

I have a notice that my phone has a virus, is this true, and how do I fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.