You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Region Change and Final Cut Pro

Hello,

I just purchased final cut pro, and want to purchase motion as well. I may move countries in the next month and was wondering if Final Cut Pro will carry over to the new region when I eventually have to change my apple id region and update a new payment method.

I heard from some users that since it's available from apple in most (if not all) regions then in the new region store I have to "re-purchase" it again but apple will recognize I already have a license for it and let me download and update it for free.

Was wondering if anyone can confirm this?

Thank you.

Posted on May 26, 2021 7:33 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2021 7:47 AM in response to Niel

Hi Niel, thanks for the fast reply.

One last clarification. I live in Japan and will move to the Philippines next month.

So what you're saying is, my final cut pro license will carry over in the new store region since it's an apple application.

What wont would be Japan-specific applications that are not available in the Philippines.

Final cut pro is all-good (and by extension, motion) just wanted to clarify. Am worried about the app disappearing when I change region.

Region Change and Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.