You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buy a phone in the USA

I want to buy an IPhone 11 but to take with me to Colombia, I will be able to use it over there?

Posted on May 26, 2021 6:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 6:39 PM

You need to ask your cellular provider in Columbia if the US version is supported there. But you should also be aware a phone purchased in the US will have NO WARRANTY in Columbia. If you buy a phone in the US and you need warranty support, you will need to bring it back to the US yourself. If you are wanting to buy a phone in the US because you think it will save you money, a warranty issue will eat any savings you think you'll get plus much much more.

It's best to buy the phone in the country you live and will use the phone.

On a final note. ONLY Apple sells fully unlocked phones. To use a phone purchased in the US, you will need to buy the phone from an Apple Store directly, pay cash for it and specify a fully unlocked phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2021 6:39 PM in response to Edwinzan94

You need to ask your cellular provider in Columbia if the US version is supported there. But you should also be aware a phone purchased in the US will have NO WARRANTY in Columbia. If you buy a phone in the US and you need warranty support, you will need to bring it back to the US yourself. If you are wanting to buy a phone in the US because you think it will save you money, a warranty issue will eat any savings you think you'll get plus much much more.

It's best to buy the phone in the country you live and will use the phone.

On a final note. ONLY Apple sells fully unlocked phones. To use a phone purchased in the US, you will need to buy the phone from an Apple Store directly, pay cash for it and specify a fully unlocked phone.

Buy a phone in the USA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.