You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing cursor on iPad magic keyboard

I just bought my magic keyboard today. When I got home and connected my iPad to my keyboard the cursor never showed up. I have watched different videos to solve the problem and have gone to my settings and nothing seems to work. Wondering if anyone has a solution for it?

Posted on May 26, 2021 9:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 12:40 AM

Two things to check:

Magic Keyboard compatibility:--> iPad Pro 11" (1st/2nd/3rd generation) - iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd/4th/5th generation) - iPad Air 4th generation.

Read this support article:--> Set up and use Magic Keyboard for iPad - Apple Support and/or this one:--> If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, take it back to the shop where you bought it, demonstrate your problem and ask for a replacement.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2021 12:40 AM in response to day_spade

Two things to check:

Magic Keyboard compatibility:--> iPad Pro 11" (1st/2nd/3rd generation) - iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd/4th/5th generation) - iPad Air 4th generation.

Read this support article:--> Set up and use Magic Keyboard for iPad - Apple Support and/or this one:--> If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, take it back to the shop where you bought it, demonstrate your problem and ask for a replacement.

Regards

Giulio

Missing cursor on iPad magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.