You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes folder

I am trying to maintain a very orderly Itunes folder (on a secondary drive because of the size). But am now finding movies, audiobooks, and podcasts in there as well. As I am using Traktor to DJ events, I don't want all this extra stuff in there. Is there a way (or a place) to put these files somewhere that won't get imported every time Traktor boots? I used to be able to just change the media type in info to books or podcasts but now that choice is removed and the drop-down only has music as a choice.

Thanks

Mac Pro

Posted on May 26, 2021 11:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:51 AM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. In principle the media folder in a new Music library created in Catalina or Big Sur will only contain music or music videos. A legacy library built on an old iTunes library might also have folders for podcasts, audiobooks, movies or TV shows etc. Podcasts and Books (for audiobooks) both use hidden library cache folders in the new system so any old files of this type that you have are probably not connected to your active Podcasts or Books libraries. You could move this content out of the media folder that Tracktor monitors so they don't cause any confusion. If it sees any of your old video content you might want to consolidate that to a new media folder you declare in the TV app before you remove it so as not to break any links.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2021 10:51 AM in response to Enio Cordoba1

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. In principle the media folder in a new Music library created in Catalina or Big Sur will only contain music or music videos. A legacy library built on an old iTunes library might also have folders for podcasts, audiobooks, movies or TV shows etc. Podcasts and Books (for audiobooks) both use hidden library cache folders in the new system so any old files of this type that you have are probably not connected to your active Podcasts or Books libraries. You could move this content out of the media folder that Tracktor monitors so they don't cause any confusion. If it sees any of your old video content you might want to consolidate that to a new media folder you declare in the TV app before you remove it so as not to break any links.

tt2

Itunes folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.