You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

benötige für neuen iMac 3 Meter Netzkabel

Benötige für neuen iMac 3 Meter Netzkabel

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:14 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2021 8:43 AM in response to aribert241

Welcome.

Apple does not catalog a 3-meter cable for the the iMac 24" 2021. The included AC power cable is 2 meters. The change in connector type seen in this new product:

could mean that third-party suppliers may take a while to create a longer non-Apple option.

First I would contact Apple Support and ask if a conversional 3-prong (grounded) extension cord is appropriate to the new model. With older Macs that was not an issue, but the new iMac ushers in a different power arrangement so, to be safe, I would ask Apple. They are not here--we are your fellow end users and have no access to "insider" Apple tech details.

For future questions you may find Apple's German-language user forums easier to use. You should get faster answers there with less chance of someone like me making a translation error in their answer:

https://communities.apple.com/de/welcome

May 27, 2021 8:58 AM in response to aribert241

Es waere wahrscheinlich besser wenn Sie beim deutschen Apple store nachfragen wuerden. Hier sind Sie in den USA gelandet; bei uns ist die normale Laenge entweder 3 feet (rund 1 m) oder 6 feet (rund 2 m).

Ausserdem sind wir hier alle nur Benutzer und arbeiten nicht fuer Apple; Sie muessen sich etwas gedulden - dies ist keine chat site.

benötige für neuen iMac 3 Meter Netzkabel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.