You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts synced Up

Why did my contacts sync up with my mom’s? We’ve been using different iCloud accounts for years and just now all of her contacts appeared on my phone and when I delete a contact, it gets deleted on her phone as well. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:37 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2021 2:44 PM in response to DL_2020

Hi, DL_2020!

Thank for stopping by the Apple Support Communities to get help with your contacts. It sounds like you see your mom's contacts on your iPhone, and deleting contacts on your device also deletes them from hers. You've come to the right place for assistance!

We understand that you and your mom have separate Apple IDs. This is good, however the only time contacts can be synced is when the two devices are signed into the same Apple ID. We encourage you to double check where you're both signed in, just to be certain: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support.

Best.

Contacts synced Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.