You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I use the hi-res lossless audio?

I mean if I need special headphone with lightening DAC to listen hi-res loss-lessaudio?Your FAQ doesn't meant that so I want to know if I use any headphone with lightening cable directly bind with headphone without any other connect(3.5mm to lightening...etc) , I can listen to hi-res lossless audio?

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 7:44 AM

Directly from Apple:

What you need

You can listen to lossless on an iPhone or iPad updated to iOS or iPadOS 14.6 using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • The built-in speakers
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2021 7:44 AM in response to testutw

Directly from Apple:

What you need

You can listen to lossless on an iPhone or iPad updated to iOS or iPadOS 14.6 using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • The built-in speakers
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

how can I use the hi-res lossless audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.