You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help iphone max pro 12

what to do next????i have an iphone max pro 12

i have been trying see how to activate my new phone. i thought i was done with my old phone. So, i turned off my old phone. before trying to test my new phone out. i did not get a chance to delete anything off old phone. everything had transferred to new phone with no problem. now i need to activate new phone. so, i can use it. then i will need instruction's to send old phone to replace my new phone.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 9:55 PM

kerge wrote:

all ready transferred old phone to new phone- done. I could text , fb messenger. But, cannot send out text nor make a phone call.
before, I checked all this. I shut old phone off and did not delete anything. And now my old phone says Hello.

Which usually means you’re near and connected to Wi-Fi network, and your cellular plan has not been transferred.

For your cellular carrier activation, you may need to acquire a new SIM, or to perform a SIM swap, and some will automatically transfer the cellular plan. What has to happen here to transition your cellular plan depends on your carrier. Check with your caller, if your plan did not transfer with the Apple iPhone migration and as would appear to be the case here.

To try switching the SIM from the old iPhone to the new iPhone, tap or click for more info > Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Your carrier might allow SIM swaps as described above, or you might need to contact the carrier.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2021 9:55 PM in response to kerge

kerge wrote:

all ready transferred old phone to new phone- done. I could text , fb messenger. But, cannot send out text nor make a phone call.
before, I checked all this. I shut old phone off and did not delete anything. And now my old phone says Hello.

Which usually means you’re near and connected to Wi-Fi network, and your cellular plan has not been transferred.

For your cellular carrier activation, you may need to acquire a new SIM, or to perform a SIM swap, and some will automatically transfer the cellular plan. What has to happen here to transition your cellular plan depends on your carrier. Check with your caller, if your plan did not transfer with the Apple iPhone migration and as would appear to be the case here.

To try switching the SIM from the old iPhone to the new iPhone, tap or click for more info > Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Your carrier might allow SIM swaps as described above, or you might need to contact the carrier.

May 29, 2021 7:29 PM in response to kerge

Tap or click on the following blue text for the general instructions > Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Or make an appointment at the local Apple store if it is safe to do so, and bring both phones in, maybe?

For your cellular carrier activation, you may need to acquire a new SIM, or to perform a SIM swap, and some will automatically transfer the cellular plan. What has to happen here to transition your cellular plan depends on your carrier. Check with your caller, if your plan did not transfer with the Apple iPhone migration.

Tap or click > Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

A box for the trade-in will arrive separately with instructions, if you requested a trade-in as part of the new purchase.

help iphone max pro 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.