You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my own music won't download from my Mac to my iPhone

Only Apple Music is downloading from my Mac to my iPhone. All the rest won't sync across .... help!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 2:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 6:54 PM

Perhaps I misunderstood your reference to Apple Music to mean you had a subscription to the service when you were referring to your purchases for the iTunes Store. You might need to revisit your sync selections. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

3 replies

May 31, 2021 4:47 AM in response to Helen5862

If you have a subscription to Apple Music then you typically wouldn't sync to transfer music as it should happen automatically through the cloud. DRM protected Apple Music cannot be synced over USB. See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support. Is your computer authorized for your Apple ID. See also Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Perhaps the cloud status column will give some insight.

tt2

my own music won't download from my Mac to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.