You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari AutoPlay settings

My new iMac will not allow me to stream even though I have set it to Allow AutoPlay for a specific website. It starts and then shuts down and turns off the volume.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 31, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 10:02 AM

Hi JustMeInTN, thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to stream content from a specific website on your new iMac, and we'd be happy to help. To start off, we'd just like to ask you a few questions.

Does this website also have a native app that you could download onto your iMac? If so, download and install that app to see if the same behavior occurs there.

Do you use Screen Time on your new iMac? If so, check to see if content and privacy restrictions are enabled. Here's how: Set up content and privacy restrictions in Screen Time on Mac - Apple Support

Would you happen to have more than one user account set up on the iMac? If not, we recommend that you create a new test user account. Once done, test to see if the same behavior occurs on that account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2021 10:02 AM in response to JustMeInTN

Hi JustMeInTN, thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to stream content from a specific website on your new iMac, and we'd be happy to help. To start off, we'd just like to ask you a few questions.

Does this website also have a native app that you could download onto your iMac? If so, download and install that app to see if the same behavior occurs there.

Do you use Screen Time on your new iMac? If so, check to see if content and privacy restrictions are enabled. Here's how: Set up content and privacy restrictions in Screen Time on Mac - Apple Support

Would you happen to have more than one user account set up on the iMac? If not, we recommend that you create a new test user account. Once done, test to see if the same behavior occurs on that account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Jun 1, 2021 1:38 PM in response to JustMeInTN

JustMeInTN,

Great to hear that the problem seemed to have resolved itself, we appreciate you keeping the community posted! As for any concerns that you may have in regards to setting up your new iMac, here are a few resources that you might find helpful:

How to back up your Mac - Official Apple Support

Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Aside from those resources, you can always post your questions and/or concerns here in Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Jun 1, 2021 1:28 PM in response to James_M50

James,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I dont know why, but the problem went away. I signed back in for the 5th or 6th time to the website that kept shutting down and it worked without any hesitation. Go figure.

This iMac is brand-brand-new. I have not even transferred any data yet from my old MacBook Air. I’m very intimidated by the differences b/t the MacBook and the iMac. Just need some time to learn more. Thanks for the reply. All the suggestions were good ones. I’m sure I’ll be back asking new questions as I learn my way around.

Safari AutoPlay settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.