You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to change your iCloud email for your Apple ID?

I've come across some info that say there isn't a way but those questions are a few years old. Is there a way to change the @iCloud email for you Apple ID? I would like to change it but not lose all my purchases associated with my current @iCloud email.

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 9:54 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2021 10:17 AM in response to iChavez89

The only thing I was able to find was changing your appleID to third party.

This is not want I wanted, but I changed to my other email and then tried to delete the old apple ID, to which I get an error 'this is an alias of your appleID'.

From everything I've found so far, it's not possible to change the @icloud (every time I tried to associate my other @icloud, I got the error "You can only add the @icloud.com address that is already on file in your account") but I thought I had done it before, and my current apple ID is just long and annoying.

I'm hoping maybe someone else will have some answers.

Is there a way to change your iCloud email for your Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.