You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Quick Take

I have apparently pressed the shutter button too long, and now have many 1 second videos in my Library, when what I wanted was a picture. Can I make a still photo out of a Quick Take video?

If not, I would really rather turn Quick Take off. If I want a Burst of photos, I know how to do that and can select one or all of the individual pictures taken in that burst to keep. If I want Live photos, I know how to turn that on and off, both before taking a photo, and processing the photo after it is taken. With Live, I can still end up with a single picture. But Quick Take is different from either Burst or Live. I do not end up with a photo, I end up with a video that I consider unusable and now have to delete what may be the only image I took of that person or object or landscape, etc.

If I want a video, I will take a video. When I want a photo, I should not have to worry about pressing the shutter button too long and getting a video instead. Please give me the ability to turn Quick Take off!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 12:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 1:00 PM

It is how it is designed. Same as if you tap too long on any icon or button you get secondary functions. There may be touch accommodations in Settings, Accessibility

1 reply

How do I turn off Quick Take

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.