You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANT UPDATED MAC.

Hello,

I am having a difficult time updating my Mac. It is a Mac air that I got in 2014. When I look at systems it is running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I am not sure the last time it updated. However, now all the streaming sites say the browser is no longer supported without an update. My computer doesnt say that its due for an update on the system preferences and when I try to download an OS from the apple site is says this...

"This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled. "

I recently changed my password to my apple ID but I have tried logging out and back in to the store.

Please helppppp.

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 5:48 PM

Click here and follow the instructions. You'll need to decide what to clear out for yourself.

(199252)

3 replies

CANT UPDATED MAC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.