You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weirdness with external monitor on Catalina 10.15.7

I got a new "refurbished" Mac today, 2017 13.3" Mac Air with Catalina 10.15.7. It's gorgeous. My 2012 11" Mac Air has been dying for a long time; it was on High Sierra. I transferred everything this afternoon between Macs.

I plugged in my HP monitor and it shows the Catalina graphic but no other activity. If I close the lid of the Mac, it shows the app I'm using. What??? So strange!

I use my 32" monitor to folk dance with hundreds of people on Zoom, it's a primary activity. What am I going to do now? I have read several threads but did not see my specific weirdness. I'm just stumped.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 9:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 1:53 PM

I found a workaround. In Displays, Arrangement, I move the mouse bar from the top of my Mac monitor to the top of the HP monitor and it reverses what shows. It's easy and perfect. Thanks.

Similar questions

2 replies

Weirdness with external monitor on Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.