You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some downloaded music on my 2020 M1 Macbook Air won't play

example: Moby Reprise (2021) will only stream. if I download the album, it won't play. if I remove the download, it will play.

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 10:08 AM

Purchased or via Apple Music? I've just added Moby's Reprise to my Apple Music collection (thank you) and it will both stream and download OK. Something is clearly going wrong for you. You could try rebooting your router and computer, deleting the downloads folder inside your media folder and then using Music > Preferences > Advanced > Reset Cache to see if that clears things up. Failing that reach out to Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2021 10:08 AM in response to callaway

Purchased or via Apple Music? I've just added Moby's Reprise to my Apple Music collection (thank you) and it will both stream and download OK. Something is clearly going wrong for you. You could try rebooting your router and computer, deleting the downloads folder inside your media folder and then using Music > Preferences > Advanced > Reset Cache to see if that clears things up. Failing that reach out to Apple Support.

tt2

some downloaded music on my 2020 M1 Macbook Air won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.