You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working

Every time I try to ask Siri to do something he says “ sorry ( my name) I’m having a bit of trouble here” or “ uh oh something wrong” I’ve tried everything except resetting my phone and nothing works.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 2:30 PM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2021 6:25 AM in response to bree915

Got it fixed. This is going to be a pain but when I did the:

settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings.

that fixed Siri.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/return-iphone-settings-to-their-defaults-iphea1c2fe48/ios

the pain part is it will erase all your settings. No data is lost though. But you will have to reset Siri, connect to

your Wi-Fi, your wallpaper will revert back to original. Stuff like that.

hope this helps.

Jun 7, 2021 10:05 PM in response to bree915

Same exact issue and it just started today. Steps I have tried to fix it but with no luck.

1. Powered on and off my phone.
  2. Volume +, volume - , hold side button
  3. disabled Siri and enabled
  4. reset network settings
  5. checked Apple outage page

siri is still broken which ***** because with Siri not working CarPlay is useless when trying to be “hands free”.

best thing to do is report bug to Apple. Few years back I was dealing with an iTunes issue at work that was being deployed out to the enterprise. I contacted Apple via the phone and after getting transferred to enough people I finally got ahold of someone who could do something and he told me that Apple devs don’t really look on these forms. He said the way to get issues fixed or to bring issues to their attention is to report to Apple. These forms are mainly just community based.

Siri not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.