You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I erase/remove a user in my Mac book air. It was the first user login to Mac. Now I’ve got a second account to used in it.and want to remove the first user. But can’t

Why can’t I erase/remove a user in my Mac book air. It was the first user login to Mac. Now I’ve got a second account to use in it.and want to remove the first user. But can’t

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 5:31 AM

If the new account is a managed account and the first is the admin account hyou can'te delete that - there has to be at least one admin account. Make sure the new account is an admin account (if it isn't use Users and Groups in the first account to change it), and then use it to change the original account to a managed account. Then you should be able to delete it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2021 5:31 AM in response to eala80

If the new account is a managed account and the first is the admin account hyou can'te delete that - there has to be at least one admin account. Make sure the new account is an admin account (if it isn't use Users and Groups in the first account to change it), and then use it to change the original account to a managed account. Then you should be able to delete it.

Why can’t I erase/remove a user in my Mac book air. It was the first user login to Mac. Now I’ve got a second account to used in it.and want to remove the first user. But can’t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.