You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix breached passwords fast?

I have well over 100 breached passwords according to Safari, so fixing each individually is a formidable task. Google are about to launch a single click solution. Is there anything similar in the pipeline from Apple?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 1:28 PM

11 replies

Jun 6, 2021 3:51 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Hello

When security is breached

Safari shows an alert as shown below.

For details:

Section: Password monitoring

Safari securely monitors your saved passwords, automatically keeping an eye out for passwords that may have been involved in a data breach. To do this, Safari uses strong cryptographic techniques to regularly check derivations of your passwords against a list of breached passwords in a secure and private way that doesn’t reveal your password information — even to Apple. If Safari discovers a breach, it can help you upgrade to Sign in with Apple when available, or automatically generate a new secure password.

https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14/features/

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/password-security-recommendations-sec7f0432063/web

See Also section at the bottom have links.

Best.

Jun 6, 2021 3:49 PM in response to Kurt Lang

I don’t know then. Sometimes when I log into a site a get a window pop up saying a particular password has been breached. It’s definitely an Apple thing and it directs me to a long list of stored key ring passwords, a lot of which have a yellow flag to update. I assumed it was Safari. Must be system level then I guess—you tell me. Anyway, that’s not my main question.

Fix breached passwords fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.