You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best,most cost effective and readily available graphic card metal compatible for Mac Pro mid 2010

Which metal compatible graphics would you recommend for Mac 2010? . I want to upgrade from OS X high Sierra to Mojave currently I have a ATI Radeon 5870 which isn’t metal compatible.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:56 AM

That would be the RX-580 8 gig version. Sapphire pulse. I think msi makes one which should work OK too. That would be the most cost-effective and readily available. You could also get the sapphire nitro 5700 XT+ but i think that requires the Pixlas mod, as would the vega 56,64 and founder’s edition.

john b

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2021 11:56 AM in response to Helpmesmileagain

That would be the RX-580 8 gig version. Sapphire pulse. I think msi makes one which should work OK too. That would be the most cost-effective and readily available. You could also get the sapphire nitro 5700 XT+ but i think that requires the Pixlas mod, as would the vega 56,64 and founder’s edition.

john b

Jun 7, 2021 6:24 PM in response to Helpmesmileagain

You’re welcome..it’s a toughy.. soo many possibilities.. limited only by one’s budget and if you can do the Pixlas Mod or not, for that is, afaik, the only way to run the Nitro 5700+ and up, eg; vega 56,64, vega frontier and- dare i say it?? ( dare ! dare!) the Radeon VII. Currently amd’s new card, the 6800 and 6900 is Not supported on the Mac.. like we could find and afford one.. seriously… check out those prices.. 🤯😱..

jb

Best,most cost effective and readily available graphic card metal compatible for Mac Pro mid 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.