You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch pauses mid swim

Hi - my Apple Watch (series 5) will inadvertently pause the workout mid swim, when the screen is locked - how can I prevent this from happening? When I realize this I have to turn the crown to unlock and then enter my passcode - and it shows that the workout is paused. I unpause, re-lock but it happens again and again in the same workout. My understanding is that when it is in swim mode you have to turn the crown to unlock - I don't understand why the watch can pause the workout while still locked.

Thanks!!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 9:45 AM

Quote from apple support page;

When the workout starts, the screen automatically locks to prevent accidental taps from water droplets.

• To pause your swim, press the Digital Crown and side button at the same time.
  • To resume your swim, press the Digital Crown and side button again.

To check your progress, check your watch face. You can choose which metrics you see on the screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2021 9:45 AM in response to R_C_H

Quote from apple support page;

When the workout starts, the screen automatically locks to prevent accidental taps from water droplets.

• To pause your swim, press the Digital Crown and side button at the same time.
  • To resume your swim, press the Digital Crown and side button again.

To check your progress, check your watch face. You can choose which metrics you see on the screen.

Apple Watch pauses mid swim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.