You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M1 bluetooth connectivity issues

I have the Mac mini M1 with the magic mouse, magic keyboard and trackpad connected and after a while of use the bluetooth module seems to struggle. The connection seems to cut out for very short intervals and 'catches up' all of a sudden. This only happens after a while of use.

I read a few articles where people were struggling with connecting to the M1 Macs with bluetooth but it seems like apple released a software update to fix it. However, this problem still hasn't been fixed, I have the latest software downloaded.

I have reset the bluetooth module and deleted the bluetooth plist. However, these have only been short term solutions.

It almost makes the mouse unusable and I am starting to regret buying it.

Is there another fix for this problem or is it a hardware issue?

Thank you.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:05 AM

Week and intermitant Bluetooth and Wi-Fi can be cause by poorly shielded USB-C and USB 3.0 cables and devices.

see "How to reduce wireless interference" at > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac mini M1 bluetooth connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.