You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Update

I have a series 3 watch and noticed that it wanted to update to the most recent Apple update (14.6, I think?). However, every time I try to update the watch it keeps telling me "unable to check for update: checking for a software update failed because you are not connected to the internet" (second photo) and when I tell you I have tried everything, I have tried EVERYTHING.

I've reset my phone's network, signed in & out of iCloud, I reset the watch I don't even know how many times at this point because I can't even get out of the software update screen on the Watch's iPhone app without resetting the watch. I don't know what else there would be to do, other than taking it to Apple which would cost a bunch of money that I don't have. The third photo with the blue text shows up for a second and then disappears. My watch is stuck on this screen (first photo) and I am at a loss.

I'm about ready to throw it out the window, honestly. It's very maddening. If there's anything that can be done that doesn't include erasing, resetting, or repairing, I would gladly hear about it.

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 7:16 PM

FWIW, a lot of people are having problems updating a series 3 due to lack of sufficient memory. For possible solutions, see the reply to:

Problem updating Apple Watch Series 3 to … - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.4 can't be updated on Watch Ser… - Apple Community

Series 3 watch only has 4.8 of memory - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2021 7:16 PM in response to mdouglas1999

FWIW, a lot of people are having problems updating a series 3 due to lack of sufficient memory. For possible solutions, see the reply to:

Problem updating Apple Watch Series 3 to … - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.4 can't be updated on Watch Ser… - Apple Community

Series 3 watch only has 4.8 of memory - Apple Community

Jun 10, 2021 6:12 AM in response to mdouglas1999

Update: I hard reset my watch by pushing on the crown & button under the crown at the same time, held it until I saw the apple logo again. And I hadn't done anything else this morning, tried the update in the Watch iPhone app again and it's been downloading. Granted, it's been taking 2, almost 3, hours but it's doing the update and that's all I can ask for.

Apple Watch Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.