You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i find the price of an app before downloading!? Am I missing something?

Appstore says "In AppPurchases" which appears to mean I have to pay for an App which says "Get". But there is no price listed. Suppose I click Get and Apple charges me $10,000.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:41 AM

If it says Get beside the app then it’s free. In App Purchases are optional purchases which you make within the app once you’ve installed it. These might be extra features, removal of ads or subscriptions to further content. You will be able to see what you’re getting and what it will cost before you commit.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2021 10:41 AM in response to tsankawe

If it says Get beside the app then it’s free. In App Purchases are optional purchases which you make within the app once you’ve installed it. These might be extra features, removal of ads or subscriptions to further content. You will be able to see what you’re getting and what it will cost before you commit.

Jun 10, 2021 10:47 AM in response to tsankawe

Take note, that some Apps are free to download but may have a free trial to a subscription. Free trials will be automatically activated, and need to be cancelled before the trial period is over if you don't want to be charged once it renews into a paid subscription.

The App description should have all the details about the free trial and the subscription as full disclosure is required by Apple in such cases.

How do i find the price of an app before downloading!? Am I missing something?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.