You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data loss

I accidently clicked on offload unused apps and my data is lost

Can i get my data back??

Can someone help plz.

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Offloading an App does not delete the App data - only the App code is temporarily removed from the iPad. Reinstalling the App should restore access to the associated data. By contrast, deleting an App will delete associated data.

If you have an iTunes or iCloud backup that pre-dates deletion of the App data, you can restore from your backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

It follows that a backup created or updated after the App deletion will not include the data that you wish to restore.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2021 12:00 AM in response to Adnan6677

Offloading an App does not delete the App data - only the App code is temporarily removed from the iPad. Reinstalling the App should restore access to the associated data. By contrast, deleting an App will delete associated data.

If you have an iTunes or iCloud backup that pre-dates deletion of the App data, you can restore from your backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

It follows that a backup created or updated after the App deletion will not include the data that you wish to restore.

Data loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.