You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I rename a file on iPad?

I think I have opened the Utilities, File Manager APP

I can select a file.

How do I rename it or Save As a different file name, then delete the original file?

I primarily want to rename JPG pictures

Also, is there a way to save additional information with the JPG file, such as the URL where I copied the picture from?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 7:18 AM

Assuming that you are using the native Files App, identify the File that you wish to rename in the list of files. Next, touch-and-hold the name of the file; an Action Menu will appear. From the menu, select Rename. You can now enter a new filename.

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich source of information about your iPad and how to use its various features. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2021 7:18 AM in response to PTBitte

Assuming that you are using the native Files App, identify the File that you wish to rename in the list of files. Next, touch-and-hold the name of the file; an Action Menu will appear. From the menu, select Rename. You can now enter a new filename.

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich source of information about your iPad and how to use its various features. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

How do I rename a file on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.