You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lossless format: Apple Music versus CD Import

I still have a sizable CD collection, and most have not been imported yet. I also subscribe to Apple Music, so I'm wondering if there would be any value in importing CD's using the lossless codec? Hypothetically it would be best in case Apple Music does not have a CD I happen to own, but in the case of the other albums, would there be a reason I should consider importing my CD's in the lossless format since it's become available?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 5:56 PM

I would only take the time and effort to import the CDs in utilizing the LossLess codec if Apple Music does not have a particular album/CD in LossLess. This is because you will not be gaining anything with a LossLess CD import vs getting LossLess streams from Apple Music.

Axel F.

3 replies

Lossless format: Apple Music versus CD Import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.