You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air

My Macbook is not turning on i got a month ago. it was working before then when i wanted to use it again it wasn’t turning on so i assumed it died so i charged it over night and it still has not turned on. i tried everything from holding the power button. but it’s not working can someone please help

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 11:04 AM

If your Mac doesn't seem to turn on after you press the power button, follow these steps.

Your Mac might be turned on but appear to be turned off, even though it's connected to AC power and a working display. Follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release. If your Mac is turned on, this forces it to turn off.
  2. If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
  3. If your Mac now turns on but doesn't finish starting up, follow the steps for ➔ when your Mac doesn't start up all the way.
  4. If your Mac still doesn't turn on, please ➔ contact Apple Support. Your 2020 MacBook Air may also be under Apple's 1YR Limited Warranty (US) and you should take advantage of it if none of the above steps (1 - 3) work out for you.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2021 11:04 AM in response to aneesa48

If your Mac doesn't seem to turn on after you press the power button, follow these steps.

Your Mac might be turned on but appear to be turned off, even though it's connected to AC power and a working display. Follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release. If your Mac is turned on, this forces it to turn off.
  2. If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
  3. If your Mac now turns on but doesn't finish starting up, follow the steps for ➔ when your Mac doesn't start up all the way.
  4. If your Mac still doesn't turn on, please ➔ contact Apple Support. Your 2020 MacBook Air may also be under Apple's 1YR Limited Warranty (US) and you should take advantage of it if none of the above steps (1 - 3) work out for you.

Axel F.

Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.