You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Hi guys I’m a student and I’ve moved country for university where I will be for the majority of the year. Because my phone is locked to my home country, I am unable to download apps that belong to the country I am in now (example would be the Starbucks app and some Supermarket loyalty apps). I know I can change my Apple ID region but am aware that I would lose all my previous bought apps. My question is would anyone recommend having 2 different apple IDs? The one I use in my home country and one for my university country? And is there any pros/cons to having two apple IDs? Any advice appreciated thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 1:22 PM

I believe it would but I cannot say for certain as I have no experience myself with that situation.

You could also make a second AppleID for the country you’re studying in and just use it with the App, music and Book stores. Use your current AppleID for iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. That can still get awkward as you can only change AppleIDs in the Apple stores once every 90 days.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2021 1:22 PM in response to Blazebrowy

I believe it would but I cannot say for certain as I have no experience myself with that situation.

You could also make a second AppleID for the country you’re studying in and just use it with the App, music and Book stores. Use your current AppleID for iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. That can still get awkward as you can only change AppleIDs in the Apple stores once every 90 days.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.